Patterns Repeat ~ but so few remember!

The purpose of this [Once] Daily [Now Weekly] SMS-blog is to expose warnings and patterns from the past — to remedy the amnesia that Ecclesiastes lamented:

There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after. (Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 1:11; side bar*)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The voices will be selected from a wide variety of writers from every nation, kindred, tongue, people, and time that expose the recycling agenda of domination and destruction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As of May 1, 2022, with the rapid deterioration of world conditions, Voices will feature, each Sunday, a prophetic voice concerning the last days. As you read, count the ways the last days' prophecies are manifesting in daily news and in the many exposés of things once hidden! As of January 1, 2023, the focus will be on Praise, Promises, and Freedom. As of January 2024 the focus will be on the manner of kings, rulers, power, pride, and persuasion.


Saturday, April 3, 2021

#033: Everyone a Spy (3)

“My sincere and constant efforts to reconcile myself to the rules of the monastery were, however, soon to receive a new and rude check. I had read in the book of rules, that a true monk must closely watch those who live with him, and secretly report to his superior the defects and sins which he detects in them. The first time I read that strange rule, my mind was so taken up by other things, that I did not pay much attention to it. But the second time I studied that clause, the blush came to my face, and in spite of myself, I said: "Is it possible that we are a band of spies?" I was not long in seeing the disastrous effects of this most degrading and immoral rule. One of the fathers, for whom I had a particular affection for his many good qualities, and who had many times given me the sincere proof of his friendship, said to me one day: "For God's sake, my dear Father Chiniquy, tell me if it is you who denounced me to the Superior for having said that the conduct of Father Guigues towards me was uncharitable?"

"No! my dear friend," I answered, "I never said such a thing against you, for two reasons: The first is, that you have never said a word in my presence which could give me the idea that you had such an opinion of our good Father Superior; the second reason is, that though you might have told me anything of that kind, I would prefer to have my tongue cut, and eaten by dogs, than to be a spy, and denounce you!"

"I am glad t know that," he rejoined, "for I was told by some of the fathers that you were the one who had reported me to the Superior as guilty, though I am innocent of that offense, but I could not believe it." He added with tears, "I regret having left my parish to be an Oblate, on account of that abominable law which we are sworn to fulfill. That law makes a real hell of this monastery, and, I suppose, of all the monastic orders, for I think it is a general law with all the religious houses. When you have passed more time here, you will see that that law of detection puts an insurmountable wall between us all; it destroys every spring of Christian and social happiness."*
__________________________/
*Chiniquy, Charles . Fifty Years in the Church of Rome (p. 342). . Kindle Edition.

Charles Paschal Telesphore Chiniquy (30 July 1809 – 16 January 1899) was a Canadian Catholic priest who left the Catholic Church and became a Presbyterian minister. ...
After leaving the Catholic Church, Chiniquy dedicated his life to trying to win his fellow French Canadians, as well as others, from Catholicism to the Protestant faith. He wrote a number of books and tracts expressing his views on the alleged errors in the faith and practises of the Roman Catholic Church. His two most influential works are Fifty Years in The Church of Rome[5] and The Priest, The Woman and The Confessional.[6] These books raised concerns in the United States about the Catholic Church. According to one Canadian biographer, Chiniquy is Canada's best-selling author of all time.[7]” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Chiniquy